Monday, May 28, 2012

emma: max, look!  i'm a princess!
max: i'm a ballerina princess!

you sure about that, buddy?

emma: mom, who made the ants?
me: heavenly father
emma: why is heavenly father being so crazy making ants?

good question.

max: i have a baby in my tummy! (he thinks because mom has a baby in her tummy, everyone has babies in their tummies).
emma: no you don't, max.  only moms can have babies in their tummies.
max: yeah! me too!
emma: no, max.  when i'm a mom i'll have a baby in my tummy but you're going to be a dad, so you can't have a baby in your tummy.
max: no, i'm going to be a mom and have a baby in my tummy.
emma: MAX! YOU CAN'T BE A MOM BECAUSE YOU'RE A BOY! YOU CAN'T HAVE A BABY IN YOUR TUMMY! MOM, TELL HIM HE CAN'T HAVE A BABY IN HIS TUMMY!
me: it's ok, emma.  max can pretend.
emma: oh, ok.  max, you can have a pretend baby in your tummy but NOT a real one.

-this argument lasted at least ten minutes longer as emma tried to convince max he could only have a pretend baby.  she's very correct about everything, so in her mind, max has to be correct too.

No comments:

Post a Comment